In My Arms Collab In My Arms Collab

Beautiful...

I loved this animation. The color scheme and animation styles really fit the mood of the song. Dang, I need a hug... right now...

Ice Cavern Ice Cavern

This isn't that bad...

If you made up that melody line, then congrats. In my opinion, the drum beat didn't fit the rest of the song. I don't know what the constraints of FL are, but maybe they are holding back your creative energy. If you find yourself making up melodies and forming songs in your head, I would recommend that you get the full version to unleash your "creative beast". If you have a friend who owns it, maybe you could go to their house and try out the full thing.
BTW, I just finished my first song that I made with reason 4 (just upgraded from GarageBand) and I would like to hear what you think of it and if you have any suggestions on how to improve it. It is called "Symphony of Dance"

Beyond the Gateway Beyond the Gateway

This has some nice ideas in it...

Most of the instruments that you chose fit the sci-fi theme except for the drums. I may be completely off, but you should try experimenting with some different samples. Also, does the whole thing loop in the middle? Try adding some more variation to keep the listener's interest.
If you don't mind, I would like you to listen to and review my song "Symphony of Dance" I just submitted it and I would love to get some feedback on it so I can improve it.

gamereality responds:

I've had trouble finding good drum soundfonts around the place.. The ones that come with FL Studio are close to useless; they sound low quality and tinny.

Pure Drums and Egyptian Instruments are the ones that I use mainly, and since I have an Industrial style, sound effects are used as percussive instruments as well.

This is one of the songs where I did loop it, the only variation is that it's a bit heavier near the end. Thanks for the review!

~- Celebrate the Summer -~ ~- Celebrate the Summer -~

I think I see where you were going with this one..

First off, I do enjoy the melodies you created, they were catchy and sounded origninal. . . you did create them, right?
I think that the synths that you used sounded a bit plain. Were they all presets? If so, you should try modifying them yourself, maybe add another oscillator or something. Try experimenting until it sounds just right. Also, if you added more dynamics, the song would "jump out" to the listener. Try to make more sudden contrast in this song and it could be a "real winner".

BCCB responds:

Yeah, the vocals were the only thing I didn't make. The tunes were original.

But you're right on the synths. They're Nexus Presets. I've never experimented with them much, but I'll see what I can do with my next song.

Thanks for the help and the review!